How to Reedm American Express Cashback Rewards Online
In the United States American Express is considered as one of the largest banks and credit card issuers. You will get a wide range of credit cards, charge cards, banking products, loans and more. In this article you will get to know everything about Amex Credit cards and their cashback programs and a complete guide about how to redeem them.
Types of Amex Credit cards:
American Express basically provides three categories of cards which are mentioned below.
- American Express Membership Rewards cards. You can earn points through this card.
- American Express Co-Branded cards. You can earn miles or points with partners like Delta Airlines
- American Express Cashback cards. You earn straight cash back in the form of Rewards Dollars.
American Express Cashback Credit cards:
American Express provides three different credit cards in their cashback reward program.
- Cash Magnet with no annual fee
- Blue Cash Preferred with $95 annual fee
- Blue Cash Everyday card with no annual fee
Features of American Express Cashback Credit Cards:
- The above three cashback credit cards earn cashback on each purchase you make.
- You must reach $25 because at this point you can redeem the Reward Dollars for a statement credit. Till then you will get cashback in your account in “Reward Dollars”.
- Your owned amount will be lowered after statement credit will be applied to your next bill.
- You can’t redeem your rewards until you have at least $25 built up.
- You can redeem your rewards dollar for statement credits, or for a variety of gift cards, products and more.
Pros and Cons of American Express Cashback Reward Program:
- In this program you will find many cards with no annual fee.
- There are different cards to choose from.
- You will get generous reward rates.
- You can redeem your rewards easily in cashback.
- You can use your cashback in the form of statement credits for anything.
- Rewards can be redeemed in increments of $25.
- You will get no travel redemption options.
How to earn cashback reward dollars:
You can earn rewards for making purchases on your credit card. The rate of your earning will depend on which card you have, as well as the category of purchase. Also, you can refer your friends and earn reward dollars on your credit card.
You will get $50-$100 in bonus rewards if you refer a friend who applies for a new American Express card.
You can track how many Reward Dollars you have accumulated, as well as how much you earned on each transaction in the credit card statements or your American Express online account.
Redeem your Amex Cashback Rewards Dollars:
You can earn American Express “Reward Dollars” through all three types of cashback cards. You can redeem your rewards after accumulating $25 in Rewards Dollars.
- You can redeem your reward Cash back, in the form of a statement credit.
- Also use Gift cards to hundreds of retailers, restaurants and more.
- You can choose merchandise from the Amex online reward store.
Amex Cash Magnet credit card features:
- Amex cash magnet credit card has no complicated bonus categories or special restrictions to think about.
- This card has no annual fee.
- This card is a good choice for those who like to keep things simple.
- You can earn a cashback of 1.5% on all purchases.
- You will also get a $150 signup bonus after you spend $1,000 on the card in the first 90 days.
- As an intro offer you have to pay 0% interest for the first 15 months for both new purchases and balance transfers from other credit cards.
- You can use this promo to save a good bit of money on interest over the next 15 months for existing credit cards.
American Express Blue Cash Preferred Credit card features:
- This credit card has an annual fee, of $95 per year.
- You can earn 6% cashback on US supermarkets (capped at $6,000 per year in purchases) and on select US streaming services.
- Get 3% cashback on US gas stations and on select US transit, including ridesharing, parking, tolls, etc.
- Earn 1% cashback on everything else through this card.
- You can max out the benefit and earn $360 in cashback per year after spending $500 per month on groceries.
- This card is a great choice for those who want to maximize their rewards earnings, and who don’t mind a bit more of a complicated earning structure.
- As a sign-up bonus you will get $300 bonus cashback after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- You will pay 0% intro APR for the first 12 months, on purchases and balance transfers.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday credit card features:
- This card is a great choice for those who don’t want to pay the annual fee of the Preferred version of the card.
- You can earn 3% cashback on supermarkets, 2% cashback on gas & department stores, 1% on everything else through this card.
- You have to pay 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- As a sign-up bonus you will get $200 bonus cashback after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- First you have to open a browser of your choice.
- Then visit the home page at global.americanexpress.com/help?inav=footer_contact
- You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Then locate to select the Customer Service option.
- After locating the Customer Service option, you’re now required to tap on Contact Us.
After visiting the next screen, a couple of different assistance options will be displayed on-screen to seek help for the particular query or concern you’re looking to solve. You can call customer service at 1-800-528-4800. They are available 24*7.
TTY/TDD, Hearing Impaired TTY Relay: Dial 711 and 1-800-528-480 24/7
Make a Payment: 1-800-472-9297
Apply for a card: 1-888-297-1244, 6 AM – 2 AM ET, 7 DAYS
Check application status: 1-877-239-3491
Mon – Fri: 8 AM – 12 AM ET Sat: 10 AM – 6:30 PM ET
P.O. Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
Bill payment (Overnight):
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave
Carson, CA 90746