www.geico.com/auto/claims – Geico Insurance- Report or Track a claim online with Geico
Geico Insurance, also known as Government Employees Insurance Company is a prolific auto insurance company based in San Antonio, Texas, United States. Geico is ranked as the second-largest auto insurance company in the country. Right now, Geico houses approximately 40,000 employees in total. With its revenue of $25.483 billion, it is providing full coverage of 15 million policyholders owning 24 million motor vehicles. Apart from auto insurance, Geico also manages the property, homeowner, boat, renters, motorcycle/ATV, and umbrella insurance.
Why create an online account
Being the main insurance provider, Geico has made compressively easy to the customers to make them access their auto insurance account as well as reporting and tracking the claim entirely an online process. Being Geico customers, if you have recently purchased auto insurance, you need to register your account online making it easy to manage your auto insurance at one go. Registering for an online account will enable you to access the following functions:
- Track and claim insurance anytime with the login information.
- Pick up and make a schedule for vehicle inspection and servicing.
- Make an online payment or set up auto payment.
- Remove, add, or customize the vehicle and its info.
- Go paperless with e-statement.
- Make changes in your coverage.
- Make changes in your personal information and address.
- Upload photos and documents supporting your claim.
- Apply for an insurance card.
- Avail discounts and tailor-made offers.
- Communicate effectively with the Geico support team regarding any issue or query.
- Sign up the eligible claim forms.
- Check all the claim payments.
- Check the pictures of vehicle damage and report documents.
And many more.
How to register with GEICO Online
All you need is to create an account with the Geico portal and get started straight away.
- Open your browser and visit www.geico.com/auto/claims.
- On the top right portion, please click on Log In.
- Beside New customers, click on Start here.
- While creating the account, confirm the information that is available on your insurance policy details.
- Enter the Policy Number of your Auto/Cycle Policy. You will find this information on the email, text message, Emergency Road Service ID card, Insurance ID card, Billing Statement, or declaration.
- Enter the Date of Birth of policyholder (mm-dd-yyyy), exactly as entered during policy registration.
- Type in the 5 digits Mailing ZIP Code.
- Click on Continue to successfully set up account credentials and complete the registration.
Accessing GEICO Insurance Account
After registration, you can easily log in to your Geico Auto Insurance and continue to avail the online tools and features under a single platform:
- Open your browser and visit www.geico.com/auto/claims
- Click on Log In.
- Select Auto from the dropdown under Access Your Policy.
- Tap on Log In.
- Enter the User ID/registered Email Address/policy Number with Geico account.
- Type in your account password.
- You may tap on Remember Me if you wish the browser to save your login information for your next access. Skip the step if accessing from public computer or device.
- Click on Login.
Retrieve User ID/Password
Please refer to this step, if you have forgotten your account credentials; User ID or password:
- Follow the above steps or you may directly visit the account login portal at www.ecams.geico.com/login.
- Tap on Forgot User ID/Password.
- Select either the email address or policy number. You can select User ID too if you are here to reset the password.
- Enter the selected credential on the given box.
- Type in the Date of Birth.
- Click on Continue.
- Follow the instructions to recover your credentials, step by step.
File Claim without logging in
Apart from reporting from the Geico account, you can also report any incident or damage directly without logging in, if you do not have an online Geico account. It’s simple to claim login. Here is how:
- Please log on to www.ecams.geico.com/login
- Based on your requirement, click on any of the links given,
- Report an Incident.
- Report Glass-Only Damage.
- Request Roadside Assistance.
- From the given option, select I am insured with GEICO.
- Click on the Star Claim tab
- From the Policy Type option, please select Auto/Cycle.
- Enter the Policy Number.
- Type in the First and Last Name.
- Click on Continue to file the claim.
Track the claim sans log-in
Tracking the status of the claim without logging in is so simple:
- Please log on to www.geico.com/auto/claims.
- Click on Check Your Claim
- Type in Claim Number.
- Enter the First and Last Name of the claimant.
- Click on Continue.
General Customer Support
Dial (800) 207-7847.
Emergency Roadside Service
Dial (800) 424-3426.
Click on the Gabby Chatbot icon.